Friday 30 May 2014

Chicken and Asparagus Soup

This was a lovely soup to have, even in warmer weather.  Although I must admit, come autumn and winter I am a bit of soup fiend.  They are definitely one of my comfort foods.  I am not a massive fan of asparagus, but having a very limited choice of veg during phase 2 I am expanding my repertoire of meals.

Ingredients:
100gr lean chicken breast whole
1 clove garlic
1c diced fresh asparagus (broccoli works well too)
1/2 leek cut very thin
S&P 

Method:
Cover chicken breast with water in pot and season with fresh garlic and  S&P.  Simmer until breast is very tender.  Add cup of diced asparagus and ½ leek cut thin.  Continue to simmer until veg is also very tender.  Remove chicken and shred.  Blend veg and liquid and pour into bowl, add chicken and re-season to taste.
You can use home made chicken stock for more flavour too but during phase 2 you need to be very sure you have removed ALL fat from the stock.




2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy. Is the leek considered an onion, so its a free food in phase two?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee
      Yes, the leeks are a free food. I have since found I can't eat many as they inflame my sinus something terrible.

      Delete