Monday 23 June 2014

Chicken Dumpling Soup


Another winter warmer.  I think I have mentioned I love soup!  This one is a super quick and easy recipe much like the Asian meatball soup 
Sometimes, when you have beautiful fresh and home made ingredients less is more and this is definitely the case.  I added very little to this in the way of seasoning and relished the flavours of natural ingredients.

Ingredients:
100gr chicken mince
1/2tsp oregano
2tbs psyllium husks
S&P
1c broccoli florets halved
handful of spinach

Method:
Put your broccoli into the stock to cook.  Mix herbs and seasoning into the chicken mince and the psyllium husks.  I haven't used these before but thought they might make the meatballs more moist.  I really didn't see a huge difference to be honest.
Form chicken mince into balls and drop into simmering stock.
Simmer until well cooked.
In a serving bowl place your spinach leaves and pour hot soup over the top.
Again, you could make this in bulk and divide up the servings.





No comments:

Post a Comment