Monday 28 July 2014

Awaken your skin - Twenty8 Essentials Skin Care Range Review by Coach Kate

I have to admit that I have heard so many positives (and no negatives) when it comes to the Twenty8 Essentials skin care products that I could write a fabulous post recommending them myself.
However, I personally have not used them. It isn't that I don't want to, because I do. But, being a sole parent on a carer's pension means that I have to budget very carefully and unfortunately this does not include such a purchase at the moment. 

But, when I put the call out asking for someone who uses the products to write me a review Kate from Coach Kate kindly stepped up to the mark and offered.






Awaken your skin, your senses and your soul: Twenty8 Essentials Skin Care Range Review by Coach Kate

My skin is naturally dry and can be flaky without some kind of topical moisturiser, and unfortunately the HCG protocol is very limited in the types of personal care products you can use whilst on the protocol.
Kim Morrison, the founder of Twenty8, has developed a HCG approved skin care range based on the oil from the jojoba seed. Fortunately, the molecules found in jojoba oil are too large to deeply penetrate the skin and be absorbed into the blood stream. Technically it's not really an oil, but rather a liquid wax. It sits on top of the skin, more like a protective barrier from the environment and therefore preserving the skin's natural sebum to keep the skin hydrated.
I purchased both the Spritzer Toner and the Ester Plus (+) Face Serum to use whilst I was following the HCG Protocol by Cyndi O'Meara (4 Phase Fat Elimination Protocol). I have quite sensitive skin and for the past year have switched to all-natural preservative-free personal care products, which has dramatically changed my skin. As such, I am extremely fussy with the skin care products I choose to use.




 I was very impressed with the range! I found it thoroughly hydrated my face, without affecting my weight-loss results. 


My only qualm was that it left my skin quite shiny, which was fine of an evening, however it meant that most days I chose to use a mineral foundation powder over the top. I normally only wear foundation for special occasions as I find it can clog my pores and feel quite heavy on my skin.
The Twenty8 bodycare range is such a beautiful indulgence. I found it almost therapeutic to massage the Ester Plus (+) Body Serum into my skin after dry body-brushing. Having a routine after dinner, such as dry body-brushing and then massaging the jojoba-based oil is a fantastic distraction from those night-time nibbles that are a big no-no whilst following the HCG protocol.
Whilst on the HCG, you are going through a significant detox - physical and emotional. I found that using the Detox and Strengthen Synergy Blend in my oil diffuser was very grounding and satisfying. It was like the smell in the air reminded me to stay true to my commitment to the HCG and myself.

If you would like to find out more about me and my own health journey, please visit my website 




NB. Kate and I received no payment or product for this review.  If you purchase via any of the links I will receive a small percentage of sales as an affiliate.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelli!
    Thank you so much for publishing my review of the Twenty8 Skin Care range. I hope others find it useful.
    Well done on your amazing journey and love the recipes! So good to have some inspiration whilst on the HCG!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for helping out with your post Kate

      Delete