Wednesday 21 January 2015

Fat Bombs are Da BOMB!!

So, since transitioning from HCG Protocol to LCHF I have had to make some adjustments.  

This has included increasing my fat consumption. 

An easy way to do this is by making fat bombs.  



Not only are they a great way of upping your fat intake to the percentage you are after but they are  good for you and taste fantastic!

These can just be a tasty treat even if you aren't doing LCHF.

Very quick and easy to make, I swear they took about 15 minutes and if I can do them with a newborn in the house, anyone can!

Ingredients
1/3c coconut oil
60gr cacao butter
2tbs raw cacao
100gr crushed macadamias
1/4 shredded coconut
pinch of himalayan seaweed salt to taste 
1tbs stevia powder or you can use a liquid sweetener like raw honey

Method
In a double saucepan or a bowl over a saucepan of hot water melt the cacao butter, raw cacao, salt and sweetener.  Stir in the coconut oil making sure it is well combined then add the dry ingredients.
Spoon into chocolate molds or a baking dish and refrigerate until firm, I used a silicon ice cube tray.  You can freeze to speed up the process if you want.


Keep refrigerated, if they last that long!




I buy my ingredients from either changing habits online store or iherb where you can get great discounts, especially if you are a first time customer  

No comments:

Post a Comment