Wednesday 28 May 2014

Chicken Salad

One of my lunch time standards is a salad.  It is quick, easy and mobile.  Because we are a home ed family we are often out and about during the day so tend to take lunch with us.  At first I found this challenging but now I tend to whip up a salad, stick it in the cooler bag and there you have it!
This is a favourite and I often marinate my chicken in spices just to add something different.  


Chicken Salad
100gr chicken diced and seasoned well with S&P
1 c celery cut small
1/2 apple cut small.
juice of 1/2 a lemon.
Lettuce
Saute chicken in some water then let it brown until pan is dry.  Once cooked, and a small amount of water to deglaze the pan and use this as a salad dressing too.   Mix celery and apple and add a small amount of lemon juice, mix thru with the lettuce. Add the chicken and the water dressing. 

Very tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment