Thursday 19 June 2014

And thanks for the bolognaise

Have you noticed I love red meat!  I really do.  Beef in particular, not so much lamb unless it is a shank or roast but beef,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh drool.
So it is very sad news that my blood type (A) isn't uber compatible with beef.  Last round I couldn't tolerate fish at all but chicken and beef were fine.  This round I have been eating mostly beef and seem to be slow losing.
Soooooo, dare I say it but I am cutting beef for a week to see what happens.
I know right!
Therefore, I shall have to live and drool through blog posts like this one.

Beef Bolognaise, how I love thee.................
oh and did I mention I am cutting tomato too........... can life get any worse??

I have given amounts for one serving but I usually do a kg at a time and divide into 10 portions and freeze.

Ingredients:
100gr BEEF, GLORIOUS BEEF!
1c zucchini zoodles or you can grate into BEEF and serve with slim noodles
1/2sm onion diced fine
1clove garlic chopped fine
1/2tsp oregano
1/2tsp paprika
2tbs tomato paste
S&P
1/4 tomato pulp

Method:
Saute onion, garlic, spices and mince until cooked through. Add tomato paste and let it sizzle for a bit (another technical French cookery term!) to bring out the flavours.   Then add your tomato pulp and mix well.  If it is too thick for you then add a spash of water to thin out.  Let simmer for 15-30minutes








 Create your zoodles by either cutting very thin strips or use a veggie spiraliser.


Steam for a minute or two to tenderise.  I like to put a dash of seaweed salt in mine for seasoning.


and there you have it!!  A really yummy zoodle bolognaise.



now I will go cry in a corner :(

3 comments:

  1. Hi and thanks for your fantastic blog. Im a newbie to all this - round one, day one of phase two. Im wondering if the tomato paste in your recipe is home made or store bought?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee, Thanks for your feedback. The tomato paste is home made and I hope to get around to putting a tutorial or at the very least a recipe soon

      Delete
  2. I've been reading your blog all evening making a list of these fancy pants French cooking terms so I can use them and sound all European and cheffie. Lots of interesting info too, thanks❤

    ReplyDelete