Wednesday 18 June 2014

Egg white clouds

After a facebook discussion on what to do with egg yolks I thought I would do a post about egg whites!  Makes complete sense doesn't it LOL  I had actually made icecream for the kids and had five egg whites left and no idea what to do with them.

I really had no idea what I was doing but wanted it to be sugar free.  First thing is to turn your oven on to 200c.
I started with the egg whites obviously and I whipped them until they formed stiff peaks.  Make sure your bowl is clean, give it a wipe out with a bit of vinegar or lemon juice is always a good trick and a teensy pinch of salt.





 Once the eggs were stiff I added about 4 drops of stevia and a tsp of raspberry essence.


I then folded through 1/4c of desiccated coconut and 1/2c of almond meal


Blob (french cookery term) spoonfuls onto a lined baking tray.  It doesn't matter how close as they don't expand.


Bake for about 15min or until the edges are starting to colour.


These won't crisp up or look overly pretty because they have no sugar in them.  They are very light and tasty and the kids were happy with them.  
Bare in mind they won't keep well so need to be eaten within a day or so. 
Perfect for P5 too.

No comments:

Post a Comment