Tuesday 28 October 2014

Oregano chicken zoodles

I am pretty sure I have said this before but I will say it again:

Sometimes the simplest things are simply the best!

This is a great phase 2 recipe but for outside of that phase you can fry that chicken in loads of fat!!


While I was making this I had a 25ltr pot of bone broth simmering which was handy for creating a sauce for this dish. 
 (Although, for phase 2 I would recommend only a little amount due to the fat content)

This week I ordered a vegetable spiraliser. 

I had previously bought a small hand twisty one on ebay but found it didn't work very well and tended to squish the zucchini to pulp.   
A friend bought one the same as this one in a local Perth store and I was totally jelly!    
Hunted around and most online were around the $100 mark.  WAAAAAY out of my budget so I was rapt to find this one for $24 from PurpleSpoilz.   
It is exactly the same as the expensive one but loads cheaper.  Delivery was nice and fast too :)



So, needless to say zoodles, carradoodles and appoodles are all the go here!

Anyway, back to the dish.  As I said, nice and simple so ingredients are few:
100gr chicken
1c zucchini ( I go with half a medium zucchini pre zoodle)
sprig of fresh oregano (or 1/2 tsp of dried if you don't have fresh)
S&P
stock or water to create a sauce

Steam your zoodles lightly and put aside.
Cut your chicken into bite size pieces and fry in a tiny bit of water with the oregano.  Once nicely browned and cooked through season with S&P and add your zoodles.  Continue to fry until a crust starts to appear in your pan, then add your water/stock (just a couple of tbs) and stir to get crusty bits off pan.  This will add colour and flavour to the sauce.  Let simmer for a bit for the sauce to reduce and thicken up a bit.

I love oregano, particularly with chicken and this works so well. 

For anyone not in phase 2 then go sick with any added veg you want, don't limit your chicken amount and slather butter on your zoodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment