Saturday 11 October 2014

Round 3 loading day 1

Oh gosh, how good is this!!

Day one of loading and I am on a roll. 

Went out to the Harvest Market and had a full fat large coffee with a    Mt Gnomon free range pulled pork taco for breakfast.
All the noms I tell you.


Next up I had this beauty!  After a quick visit to the Organic Grocery Store to grab some raw milk I came home and made a loading smoothie.
Super creamy, tasty and soooooo high in good fats.
I don't normally drink a huge amount of milk but for loading this 
is a 
great source of nutrient dense fat


Ingredients:
1.5c full fat milk (you could use a nut milk if you prefer)
1/4c ashgrove cream (optional, but I had some in fridge)
2tbs raw cacao powder
2tbs raw cashew butter
1/2c blueberries
1 banana

Blend all ingredients until well combined.

And that is my morning of loading!  

Next snack on the plate is some Ashgrove camembert and blue cheese served with sliced apple.   I do love cheese and after stopping in at Ashgrove the other day was delighted to see that had some of their soft cheeses in stock.  If you haven't been to their on-site store I highly recommend the visit!  You can also order their products online.

But wait!
There's more!


All the goodness of grassfed, free range lamb loin chops.  OMG!  They were divine and I recommend you take a look at 
Conmurra Farm for their meat if you are in Tassie.  

This meal was baked chops with creamy bacon chard. 
I do the chops in the oven on 200c for about 20minutes.  I like them quite pink in the middle. 
The chard was sauted in ghee with garlic, cracked pepper and bacon.  I put a dash of cream in at the end and let it reduce.

Finally, I am finishing off the evening with a block of my fave raw chocolate.  This is divine and a real treat as it is a bit expensive.
It has a coconut butter base so nice and high in fats and is sweetened with agave.



What are your loading day favourites?

1 comment: